Thursday, March 3, 2011

warmer days coming


I've been thinking a lot about plans for the outside of the house this year. Last summer I thought I would just sit back and enjoy whatever came up - we bought our house from friends of ours, and they put a lot of work into landscaping and planting in their time there. 

I do have some ideas for changing things a bit this year - last summer was so hot and dry, and several of the plants and flowers suffered. I'd like to be more strategic about the placement of things (being mindful of what would thrive where - shade vs full sun? Northern vs Southern exposure? - replacing the huge bushy hostas on the side of the driveway that inevitably get decimated by the car pulling in and out of the driveway, etc). 

I've dug out the survey of our house and started making notes. 

A few things I am dreaming about...

Hellebores




Peonies

From the blog sweetfineday

Wild rose bushes ... nothing transports me so instantly to the warm summer coast of Maine.

 Print sold by QuietSide Crafts on Etsy


Heather


Lilacs

From the beautiful blog A Country Farmhouse



There are many many more. This is just a taste, because in 15 minutes I head to the airport to leave this ....



Today
 
27 °F
Partly Cloudy


Tonight
25 °F
Ice Pellets
30% chance of precipitation


Tomorrow
38 °F
Snow
90% chance of precipitation


... for this 
Today
79 °F
Partly Cloudy

Tonight
54 °F 
Partly Cloudy

Tomorrow
81 °F
Partly Cloudy

And wouldn't that be just so painfully ironic if I missed my flight to warm, sunny Florida because I was too busy daydreaming about Spring...

More when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment