Tuesday, October 18, 2011

musty old books & Hertel Avenue love


Some shots from a recent trip to The Second Reader on Hertel Avenue in Buffalo (the same trip in which I fell in love with The Stock Exchange - they are neighbors).


And speaking of the neighborhood ... I was beyond excited to learn recently that both Globe Market and Spot Coffee, as well as a tapas place by the owners of The Left Bank will be opening up shop soon - all within a block of Room, Modern Nostalgia, The Stock Exchange and the Second Reader! Woohoo - I may never have to leave the three blocks between Sterling and Saranac for all my shopping and eating needs! Just kidding - I still have much love for the Elmwood Village and Allentown, but its just exciting to see that the neighborhood I have lived in for seven years is getting cooler by the minute.

Anyway - back to the musty old books. 

I camped out on the floor to flip through the generous garden and plants selection, and came across some interesting finds.






This book was gorgeous and very tempting, despite it being in Hebrew.





 
These last two made it home in my bike basket, along with an old, entertaining book about houseplants (yes, you read that correctly). Excerpts coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the cover of the Prairie Wildflowers book. It would have been hard for me to pass that up. So simple, yes so perfectly beautiful. The last book is pretty gorgeous as well.

    The local library was just having a sale on a bunch of their old books, and I bought a handful of old compost and gardening books for my husband and I loved the simple covers. I think I bought most of them based on that alone! The fonts and illustrations make me swoon.

    ReplyDelete