Thursday, April 5, 2012

summer shoes

                                                                                                  ss















I just got an email from Soludos announcing their new Shibori line, made with authentic shibori pattern fabric imported from Japan. If I had not gone so hog wild last summer, buying four pairs (above) after seeing a post about them on Katy Elliot's blog, I would be so tempted to order at least four more pairs from their new collections! But 8 + pairs of Espadrilles feels excessive, even to a shoe hoarder like myself. 

According to the email, Shibori is a Japanese term for dyeing cloth with a pattern by binding, stitching, folding, twisting, compressing it or capping. I absolutely love these:














I also love these new vibrant Aztec inspired prints:




And while I have not jumped on the Ikat bandwagon when it comes to household textiles, I would gladly sport the trend on my feet with any of these beauties:














We'll see how long my willpower lasts. Their espadrilles look cute with jeans, capris, shorts, skirts and dresses, and are very comfortable. I highly recommend treating yourself to a pair!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment