Friday, April 6, 2012

practice





It started with a bucket of flowers - nothing terribly fancy, just my weekly pick from the grocery store. Since there were waxflowers, I had to get them. 

The other offerings weren't so exciting, so I went with what I knew would last a while since I wasn't sure when I would get the chance to play around with them. And as I've said here before, I'll always have a fondness for alstromeria, regardless of (because of?) how ubiquitous they are. You you can almost always count on finding them at the florist corner or checkout at your local grocery store, that you can probably afford them, and that they will grace your home with beauty for at least two weeks. 

I also liked the contrast of the flecks of bright pink in the waxflower against the green-yellow of the goldenrod. 

I had a flower frog that I found recently at a local thrift shop, and was interested in trying it out to make a short, squat, full arrangement. 



I'm pretty pleased with my first "formal" arrangement, though its a bit more formal / wedding centerpiece -like than I'd prefer. I'm hoping that with practice I will eventually be able to create stunning wild arrangements more akin to my floral artist idols

Practice, practice practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment