Friday, January 6, 2012

NYE, revised


Happy 2012 friends!


 View just before midnight of The Grand Ballroom, from the balcony.

pre-balloon drop



A slight correction to my post about New Year's Eve. As I am known to do on a regular basis, I spent a stupid amount of time planning my outfit (dress, shoes, accessories - everything) only to change it all up completely the morning of New Year's Eve. 

I won't go into all of the issues we encountered at the Ice Ball at Statler Towers (though if you are really curious, see here) - I will instead say that despite my last minute, holiday weight induced last minute outfit change chaos, and the many Ice Ball snafus, I had a wonderful time ringing in 2012. 

I had a blast wearing  black lace, vintage rhinestones, fishnets (now apparently called "tulle net hosiery" - how classy), glittery nails, and peacock blue suede peep-toes all at once. So, a more subtle kind of garish than my originally planned outfit - but still garish nonetheless.

I took in the beauty of the recently renovated Statler Grand Ballroom and lusted after the chandeliers.

I was beyond grateful to welcome 2012 in the company of great friends, a handsome gent, in a fantastic city. 

Now, 2012, make me proud and show 2011 who's boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment