Sunday, March 4, 2012

tulips, alstromeria and seeded eucalyptus






 on my nightstand






A little flower therapy to beat the late winter blues. I bought three bouquets at the grocery store - creamy white tulips, burgundy/purple and white alstromerias and seeded eucalyptus - and spent an hour lost in making a bunch of small arrangements. 

I love the seeded eucalyptus for its muted silvery green color and the fact that it dries looking almost exactly the same. I have sprigs stuck in old bottles all around my house from an arrangement brought home almost a year ago. Its one of my favorites. Alstromerias are so easy to find, affordable, beautiful and they last forever. And tulips of course help me remember that spring is in fact around the corner. I think the white ones are so graceful. 

Hope you had a great weekend - think Spring!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment