Thursday, March 29, 2012

the year summer crashed spring's party


Some shots snapped while out on many long walks these last couple of weeks ... you know, that time in March when it was in the 80s. In Buffalo.




So happy that I took lots of magnolia shots - just yesterday I was out walking, less than a week later, and all the blossoms are dead and brown. 

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's hellebores. 




 I love the pale pink petals against the color of this house. 








Its a rare treat to see pine trees gracing the city lots here - they always remind me of Maine.  


I always struggle with the hyacinth - when to let them be, and when to cut them down to bring inside so that I can enjoy their fresh, clean, and intensely floral smell before the blooms fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment